About Zambia eVisa
The Zambia eVisa is an online visa implemented in 2014 to make the application process easier and more speedy.
It allows eligible foreigners to visit Zambia for tourism, business, and transit purposes.
There are such types of Zambia tourist visa – single-entry, double-entry, multiple-entry, transit and KAZA UNIVISA visas.
The validity of an online visa to Zambia vary depending on the type. For example, the first three types stay effective for 90 days, while a transit one is valid for 7 days and KAZA UNIVISA – for 30 days.
To apply for a Zambia visa electronically, you don’t need to attend an embassy or consulate in person.
It is easy and quick to submit the application with your gadget. All you need to do is to fill out the form, cover the fee, and wait for the approval of an eVisa to Zambia.
The processing time can take up to 72 working hours. Then the visa will be delivered to the email address as a PDF document.
Zambia eVisa types
Before applying for an online visa to Zambia, you should decide which visa type fits you best.
There are the following types of electronic visa for Zambia:
- a single-entry one allowing to enter Zambia once and staying effective for 90 days;
- a double-entry one that stays valid for 90 days and permits to enter Zambia twice;
- a multiple-entry one with a 90-day validity period that lets its holders visit Zambia numerous times;
- a transit one designed for multiple entries for transit purposes and effective for 7 days;
- a KASA UNIVISA visa that fits those travelers who are willing to visit both Zambia and Zimbabwe. The allowed period of stay for each country is 30 days.
How to apply for an online visa to Zambia
If you are from an eligible country, you are able to submit a Zambia visa application even without leaving your home!
It saves both your time and money and helps to avoid the stress that could be caused by applying for a Zambia visa in person.
Submit a visa for Zambia online with any working device (a phone, tablet, laptop, or PC) within several minutes by following these steps:
- Fill out the application form using your personal, passport, and travel details. Double-check the information to ensure that your application doesn’t contain any errors, as they can make the processing longer.
- Attach the required documents.
- Make the payment using any of the available secured online payment methods. For example, you can cover the visa fee using your debit or credit card.
- Wait for the approved visa to be delivered to your email address as a PDF file. It is better to make a paper copy of the Zambian visa to have it with you physically.
The processing time can take up to three business days, so it is advisable to apply at least 72 working hours beforehand in case of some delays.
Zambia online visa’s cost is different for every type. It may cost 99 Euro, 129 Euro, or 199 Euro.
Note that children need separate eVisas to travel to Zambia. The application for underage travelers must be submitted by their parents or guardians.
The validity of Zambia eVisa differs depending on its type:
- a single-entry, double-entry, and multiple-entry types stay effective for 90 days from the date of issuance;
- a transit visa is valid for 7 days from the arrival date;
- a KAZA UNIVISA is effective for 30 days from the issuance date.
Zambia eVisa requirements
An electronic visa for Zambia can be submitted by eligible nationals that have a working device with an internet connection and an active email address.
In order to apply online for a visa for Zambia, you are required to present the next documents:
- a passport that stays effective for 6 months from the arrival date;
- your recent face photograph – can be taken by phone or PC camera;
- copy of the return ticket;
- a cover letter to the Immigration Office’s Chief Director explaining why you are traveling to Zambia.
Requirements on arrival
Upon arrival, the customs officials will check your documents:
- a valid passport
- an eVisa for Zambia
It is recommended to keep your approved eVisa with you both electronically as a PDF document on your phone, tablet, or laptop and as a paper copy if there is any failure on their system.
With an eVisa, you can cross the border through any port of entry.