UAE e-Visa General Information
UAE e-Visa is an online visa launched in 2019 to make traveling to the United Arab Emirates more accessible.
Travelers from eligible countries can get UAE electronic tourist visa entirely online.
E-Visas to the Emirates are issued in different types: single-entry for 30 or 90 days, multiple-entry for 30 days, and a transit one.
The application process is remote, so an applicant can apply with their phone or laptop even from home. The necessary steps include filling out the form, attaching supporting documents, and covering the fee.
The approved UAE visa is sent to the applicant’s email in PDF format. The processing time is only up to 3 business days.
The online Emirates visa is a travel authorization allowing to travel to every emirate forming the country, including:
- Abu Dhabi
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Umm Al Quwain
Types of e-Visa to the UAE
In terms of purpose, there is one type of UAE electronic visa – a UAE tourist visa allowing its holders to visit the United Arab Emirates for the following activities:
- exploring the country;
- visiting relatives and friends;
- handling business;
- attending meetings, conferences, fairs;
- transiting through the United Arab Emirates to another destination.
UAE e-Visa is available in several types according to the allowed period of stay and the number of entries:
- A single-entry visa for 30 days
- A single-entry visa for 90 days
- A multiple-entry visa for 30 days
- A transit visa for 96 hours
UAE visas stay valid for 2 months (60 days).
UAE e-Visa Application Form
The application process is very simple and user-friendly. The main advantage is that it goes completely online, so you don’t have to go to an embassy or consulate, deal with the paperwork and wait in queues.
Just follow these steps to get an electronic UAE tourist visa as soon as possible:
- Fill out the online visa application form. You need to provide some information – passport, personal and travel details. Make sure you don’t leave blanks or errors, as these can cause delays.
- Attach supporting documents.
- Cover the UAE visa fee. Our service offers different online payment methods, so you are able to choose a preferred one. For example, your credit or debit card.
- Wait for the approved online visa to be sent to your email address. It will be delivered to the address provided in the application in the form of a PDF document.
Apply for the United Arab Emirates visa at least 3 business days in advance to ensure you will receive the approval on time.
An electronic tourist visa to the United Arab Emirates stays effective for 2 months (60 days) from the issue date. Don’t overstay this period to avoid being fined or deported.
You can extend the online UAE visa twice for 30 days each time. You don’t need to leave the country to do that.
Information on the e-Visa extension doesn’t apply to the holders of GCC residents, special entry, and 96-hour special mission visa.
Note that the UAE visa is electronically connected to the applicant’s passport. If the passport expires, gets lost or there are any changes in data, an e-Visa becomes invalid.
Requirements for the UAE e-Visa application
In order to apply for the UAE visa online, you must be from an eligible country and have a working device (PC, laptop, phone, or tablet), internet connection, the ability to pay online, and an active email address.
For a transit visa, you also have to meet the following requirements:
- continue your trip to the third country;
- have proof of booked hotel accommodation;
- the time difference between the two flights must be more than 8 hours.
If you intend to be in the UAE for longer than 48 hours, you can extend your stay to 96 hours by paying a fee of 50 AED.
All UAE visa applicants willing to apply online must attach the following documents:
- a photograph of the passport’s bio-data page;
- a photograph of the applicant’s face;
- the last page of the applicant’s passport;
- residence proof or ID to prove the traveler’s address;
- a flight ticket and flight confirmation code.
However, passengers traveling by land don’t need to provide flight tickets and flight confirmation codes.
Underage applications also require a photograph of the child’s birth certificate. It must be in English or Arabic, so if it’s in any other language, the official and attested translation must be provided.