Qatar e-Visa General Information
Qatar e-Visa is an electronic visa system implemented by the government of Qatar in 2017. Online Qatar visa application has made traveling much easier for foreigners visiting this country.
Depending on the citizenship and the purpose of travel, it is possible to apply for such types of Qatar electronic visas: ETA, Tourist visa, Transit visa, and GCC Residents visa.
All visa types are single-entry ones. While ETA, Tourism visa, and GCC Residents visa all allow staying for 30 days, a Transit visa only lets to stay in the country for transit purposes for 96 hours.
The online application process is effortless and user-friendly, and a person can apply from any place at any time with a few clicks: first, fill out the form, then pay the visa fee and get your e-Visa at the email address. The processing takes up only to 5 days maximum.
Types of Qatar electronic visas
There are four types of electronic visas to Qatar:
- Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) – this is a one-entry document for people with a valid residence permit or a visit visa to one of these countries: Australia, Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and the Schengen Area countries. ETA holders can stay up in Qatar for 30 days;
- Qatar Tourist visa allows people to have a vacation or visit their family and friends in the country. This type is for travelers who are not eligible for an ETA but are able to apply for an e-Visa. It is also a single-entry visa for a stay of up to 30 days;
- Transit Visa is for those who need to enter Qatar to get to their next destination. To be eligible for this type, a traveler must stay for at least 5 hours on arrival. Transit visa stays effective for 96 hours;
- GCC Residents Visa lets GCC (the Gulf Cooperation Council) residents enter the country once and stay for 30 days or renew the visa for the next 90 days. CCC nationals can enter Qatar visa-free.
Qatar e-Visa Application Form
If you are from an eligible country, have a working device with an internet connection, you can submit an online application for a Qatar visa online within several minutes and a few clicks.
Just follow this instruction to apply online without any issues:
- Fill out the visa application form providing some passport, personal, and travel information;
- Attach the required documents – they may differ depending on the visa type you choose;
- Pay the electronic visa fee – you can do it in a secure way using any available online payment method – be it PayPal, your debit or credit card;
- Check your email address. Right after the payment, you’ll get a confirmation number. Then the approved document will be sent to your email box as a PDF document.
The processing time is up to 5 business days.
ETA, the online tourist visa, and the GCC resident visa are valid for 30 days from the arrival date.
Transit Qatar visa is valid for 4 days (96 hours).
The GCC visa can be extended for 3 months, while ETA can be extended for 30 days more.
Requirements for the Qatar e-Visa application
To submit an online application for Qatar e-Visa, you must have a working device (PC, tablet, phone, or tablet) with stable internet and be from any eligible country:
- American Samoa
- Anguilla (UK)
- Aruba (NL)
- Azores (PT)
- Bermuda (Great Britain)
- British Indian Ocean Territory (UK)
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Canary Islands
- Caribbean Netherlands (NL)
- Channel Islands (UK)
- Cocos Islands (AUS)
- Commonwealth of Dominica
- Côte d Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Curacao (NL)
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Eswatini (Swaziland)
- Falkland Islands (Malwinen) (UK)
- Faroe Islands (DK)
- French Guiana (FR)
- French Polynesia (FR)
- The Gambia
- Gibraltar (UK)
- Greenland (DK)
- Guadeloupe (FR)
- Isle of Man (UK)
- Isle of Wight (Great Britain)
- Jan Mayen
- Marshall Islands
- Martinique (FR)
- Montserrat (Great Britain)
- Myanmar [Burma]
- Navassa (US)
- Netherlands Antilles (NL)
- New Caledonia
- Niue (NZ)
- Norfolk Island (AUS)
- North Korea
- North Macedonia
- Northern Ireland
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestinian Territories
- Papua New Guinea
- Paracel Islands (CN)
- Pitcairn Islands (UK)
- Puerto Rico (US)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Reunion (FR)
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Serbia and Montenegro
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (UK)
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St. Helena (UK)
- St. Lucia
- St. Martin (FR/NL)
- St. Pierre and Miquelon (FR)
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- Svalbard (Netherlands)
- The Aland Islands (FI)
- The Cayman Islands (UK)
- The Central African Republic
- The Cook Islands (UK)
- The French Southern and Antarctic Lands
- The Glorieuses
- The Territory of Christmas Island (AUS)
- Tokelau (NZ)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)
- Virgin Islands (British)
- Virgin Islands, US.
- Wake Island (US)
- Wallis and Futuna
- Western Sahara
Required documents for all Qatar electronic visas include:
- a photograph of passport bio-data page;
- a photograph of an applicant’s face.
A tourist visa also requires a photograph of the return ticket, while to apply online for ETA, you need photographs of the return/onward ticket and a valid residence permit or visit visa to Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand, or any Schengen Area country.
The GCC countries’ residents may be requested to present documents stating their occupation.
Requirements on arrival
On arrival, you must have on hand:
- a valid passport that doesn’t expire within 6 months;
- a paper copy of Qatar e-Visa.
You can use any international airport to visit Qatar.