The Government of Portugal introduced an online health declaration during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic around the world. Its aim was to monitor all incoming visitors that enter Portugal in order to ensure safe tourism flow and reduce the possible spread of coronavirus cases.
General Information about Portugal PLF
Portugal Passenger Locator Form is an online health form mandatory for every traveler planning to travel to Portugal. It must be completed within 96 hours before arrival.
A traveler needs to provide some personal and health-related information that is essential for tracing any possible coronavirus new cases. The Portugal authorities can immediately notify a traveler about the potential infection and instruct them on the appropriate steps that must be taken.
The Portugal PLF can be completed within minutes using any working electronic device.
How to Complete the Passenger Locator Form for Portugal
In order to start filling out the Passenger Locator Form, go to the online form and follow these simple steps:
- Enter the required details concerning your flight and travel, including flight and seat number, airline name, arrival, departure date, etc.
- Choose the destination you plan to arrive at (Porto/Lisboa/Tires/Faro).
- Provide the necessary personal information, including name and surname, address, gender, etc.
- Provide passport details and the address of your accommodation in Portugal.
- Enter your contact details as well as the details of the person that will be your emergency contact (phone number and email address).
- Double-check all the information entered. If the form is free of errors, submit it further for approval and cover the service fee.
Once processed, the confirmation of your Passenger Locator Form together with a unique QR code will be sent to your email inbox. Do not forget to download it and save an electronic copy on your mobile phone and/or print it out. Every traveler crossing the Portugal border will need to show it during the border crossing control. Those who do not hold the PLF receipt may be refused entry to the country.
Who must complete the PLF to Portugal?
Every incoming visitor coming to Portugal must complete the separate Passenger Locator Card. Children are not exempt from this requirement. The online application should be completed on their behalf by their legal guardians or parents. They should also make sure that all the entered data is true, up-to-date, and free of errors.
Portugal entry requirements
Travelers aged 12 and older who wish to enter Portugal must have one of the following:
- an RT-PCR test performed within 72 hours before arrival
- an antigen test performed within 48 hours before arrival
- a valid recovery proof or vaccination certificate
These requirements apply to all visitors regardless of the status of vaccination. Before traveling to Portugal make sure to check the current entry rules applicable to the region that you plan to visit in Portugal.
Some requirements may be different in mainland Portugal and Madeira or Azores. Under the Clean and Safe program introduced in Portugal, travelers can also check which establishments are safe to access amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. If a place is ‘covid safe’, it receives a stamp that confirms that all the guidelines to reduce the COVID-19 spread is followed there.