About Oman eVisa
In 2018 the Royal Onam Police implemented a convenient online visa application process available to every eligible traveler planning a short stay in the country. eVisa may be obtained easily by completing a few steps of application without going to the embassy.
Every traveler who wants to complete the application process should fill in a simple application form and cover a fee. The confirmation of Oman online visa approval will be delivered to the mailbox of an applicant.
There are two types of Oman eVisas: a single-entry visa for Oman addressed to passengers who will cross the border once and a multiple-entry visa for more than one entry.
A single-entry electronic visa allows for 10 to 30 days of stay in the country and is valid for 30 days.
A multiple-entry visa is issued for 365 days, letting the travelers cross the border many times during this period and stay for a maximum of 30 days.
Both electronic visas allow traveling to Oman for tourism and business purposes.
Types of eVisa to Oman
At the beginning of the Oman visa application, each traveler must choose the visa type he needs. There are two Oman eVisa types available for eligible applicants. When you apply online, you will be asked to select one of the following:
- a single-entry Oman eVisa, which allows to travel through Oman for a maximum of 30 days and costs 99 Euro
- a multiple-entry Oman Visa with possible numerous, maximum 30-day stays, for 149 Euro
Each selected type is an Oman tourist visa, which means that traveling to Oman only for tourism or business-related purposes is possible.
Note US citizens are privileged, and they have another Oman eVisa option. They can apply for a multiple-entrance Oman visa online that has ten years of validity and allows them to stay in Oman for up to 6 months.
How to apply for an electronic visa to Oman
Before filling out the Oman eVisa application form, each traveler must check if his country of origin is eligible to apply for Oman eVisa. The next part of preparation is to ensure you have a valid passport, as this document must be submitted to the application.
To complete the Oman eVisa application process, please follow the steps below:
- Choose the type of Oman eVisa you need. Fill out the application form by providing personal information, passport details, and travel information. Make sure there are no mistakes in the form. Otherwise, the application may be rejected.
- Cover the fee via one of the available online methods of payment. Check your mailbox to see if the payment confirmation has been delivered.
- Oman visa online will be sent to you via email within a maximum of 72 hours. Please do not forget to print the PDF file with eVisa and keep it for the entire travel. You may be asked to show your eVisa during control and the valid passport, which cannot expire within the next six months.
The government of the Sultanate of Oman allows eVisa holders to stay in the country for up to 30 days. Both visa types have the same validity period, which counts from the date of issue.
If you have a single-entry electronic visa, please remember to arrive in the country within 30 days from the Oman visa online approval.
With multiple-entry eVisa, you may travel to Oman for one year from the issue, but each stay cannot extend to 30 days.
If you are a US citizen and applied for a multiple-entry permit, you should know that the document stays valid for ten years and allows its holders to stay in Oman many times with a maximum of a six-month stay each.
Requirements for Oman eVisa
Before applying for an electronic visa to Oman, you should prepare the necessary documents. Please find the following demands divided into three groups depending on the country of origin. In each case, a passport is required. Its validity should last for at least six months after the arrival in the country.
Citizens of countries eligible for the eVisa:
- a photo of the bio-data page from the passport
- face photograph of the applicant
Conditional online visa for citizens from eligible countries:
- a photograph showing the bio-data page in a valid passport
- a face photo of a person applying for eVisa
- a picture of the return ticket or onward ticket
- a photograph of a valid visa/resident permit from Schengen Area countries, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Australia, Japan
- a photo of the return/onward ticket (applicable when applying for a multiple-entry permit)
- confirmation of hotel reservation/accommodation
Residents of the Gulf Corporation Council member countries must prepare:
- a photo of the bio-data page from the passport
- face photograph of an applicant
- a photo of the GCC valid visa
- a photograph of GCC ID (both sides) of the app
Requirements on arrival
If you want to apply for an electronic visa to the Sultanate of Oman, you will need a passport. The document must stay valid for at least six months after arriving in the country.
When the application is completed, print a PDF confirmation of the approval. Both printed eVisa and the passport will be mandatory when crossing the border. With only an online version of the travel permit, you may not be allowed into the country.
After the arrival, the border guard will check the documents and inform you what the maximum departure date should be.