About Laos eVisa
The Laos eVisa is an electronic visa that the Lao Government introduced in 2019 to make traveling to Laos easier. It is available by electronic visa application for eligible tourists who want to visit the country.
The Laos visa application form consists of a few personal and travel-related questions. A few minutes are needed to answer them and submit the necessary documents. An approved eVisa Laos is delivered to the applicants’ mailbox within a maximum of 72 hours.
The Laos visa online is a 30-day single-entry visa that stays valid for 60 days from the date of issue. Travelers can use it for tourism and business-related purposes like visiting family and friends and exploring the country.
The visa application process is quick and intuitive. It is a time and money saver for travelers and authorities who approve the visas.
Read on and learn what the exact Laos visa requirements are.
Laos eVisa types
The Laos visa applicants have only one type to choose from. The online Laos tourist visa is a single-entry travel permit allowing its holders to travel through the country for tourist reasons like holidays, sightseeing, and visiting family.
A single-entry electronic visa lets travelers enter and stay in Laos for up to 30 days. It remains valid for 60 days (two months) from the issue date.
Plan your online visa application at least three days before your trip, as the approval process takes up to 72 hours.
How to apply for an electronic visa to Laos
To get the Laos eVisa, you will go through an easy application process that is available online. Make sure you have a valid passport and start your application using the step-by-step instructions. There are a few questions regarding your personal and travel information.
- Fill in a Laos visa application form with personal details and travel information. You will need to provide an email address and attach necessary documents like the first page of your passport and photographs.
- Pay a visa fee using the most convenient, available online payment methods. The cost of the Laos eVisa is 99 Euro. After covering the fee, you will get a unique number for your application. Check if you get a payment confirmation in your email.
- Wait for the Laos visa approval to be delivered to your mailbox. The processing time is up to 72 hours. Please note visas for Laos are being approved by the government of Laos, so the final approval time may be prolonged if necessary.
Pay attention to the information put into the form. Check the completed data twice because even small mistakes may be a reason for delays or rejection of the application.
The validity time of the Laos tourist visa is 60 days (two months) from the date of issue. Within this time travelers may enter Laos and stay in the country for up to 30 days.
The eVisa stays valid only with a valid passport, which cannot expire in less than six months from the planned arrival date. In case of losing the passport, each traveler must immediately report it and apply for a new document. Traveling without any of two documents is not permitted.
Please remeber, traveling with the expired visa or passport can result in deportation.
Requirements for eVisa to Laos
To apply for the Laos electronic visa, you need a passport that stays valid for six months from the planned date of arrival to the country. With the document, you may start filling in an online application form. Ensure the completed information is correct, so the application is not rejected.
The process of applying for the Laos visa is not complicated, and the approval is provided quickly, provided that a few requirements are met. Please check the list below:
- the passport valid for the next six months
- a stable connection to the internet
- an active mailbox
- being a citizen of an eligible country
- a trip for tourism-related purposes
If any of mentioned requirements are not fulfilled, visiting an embassy will be unavoidable.
To get an online visa, you need to provide the following documents with your application:
- a photograph of a valid passport’s bio-data page
- a face photo of an applicant (a camera or PC taken photo is allowed)
With the correct data provided with the application form, your eVisa should be approved quickly.
Requirements on arrival
Before entering Laos’s border, you should prepare the necessary documents for border control. You will be asked to show:
- a passport (that remains valid for the next six months)
- a printed copy of eVisa to Laos copy
The above documents will be needed for the entire travel duration, so keep them to be able to prove your travel permit at any time.