Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Tanzanian Ministry of Health introduced the Traveller’s Health Surveillance Form in order to minimize the virus spread in the country and ensure the safety of both travelers and citizens of Tanzania.
General Information About the Tanzania Health Surveillance Form
The Health Form to Tanzania is a mandatory questionnaire that requires providing a traveler’s basic personal data, health information, and travel-related details. The form must be filled out and completed by every person visiting Tanzania within 24 hours before planned entry to the country.
The aim of implementing the Tanzania Health Surveillance Form was to minimize the coronavirus spread and ensure the safe flow of tourists. Since every traveler provides the contact details, the Tanzanian authorities can reach them in case of possible contact with the coronavirus-infected person. This way it is possible to quickly organize quarantine for an infected traveler and prevent the further spread of the virus.
How to Apply for the Tanzanian Health Form?
Every applicant needs to follow 3 simple steps to obtain the confirmation of completing the Tanzanian Health Form. To fill out the online form, it is necessary to have at hand an electronic device with a stable internet connection. The 3 steps to follow comprise:
- Entering the requested details: basic personal data, details regarding travel, and the health status of a person visiting Tanzania.
- Covering the handling fee: travelers can choose from many available means of online payment.
- Checking the email address: the receipt of the Health Form to Tanzania will arrive at the applicant’s email address. The file needs to be downloaded on a traveler’s mobile phone. Additionally, it is highly recommended to print it out and save a hard copy throughout the entire trip.
Details to provide in an online application:
- name and surname
- date of birth
- email address
- mode of transportation
- date of arrival in Tanzania
- passport number
- seat and flight number
- travel purpose
- contact details
- list of countries where have you been within the last 14 days (if any)
- answer a few health-related questions
All Requirements to Enter Tanzania
All international visitors traveling to Tanzania must fill out an online Health Surveillance Form. Those who plan to visit Zanzibar will need to complete another Health Form dedicated to Zanzibar. Both forms need to be completed within 24 hours before the planned arrival.
All arrivals are also obliged to provide a negative COVID-19 test result on arrival. The test is to be taken within 96 hours before the planned departure flight to Tanzania. The country’s authorities accept either RT-PCR or NAATs.
Travelers from countries classified as high risk in terms of reported coronavirus cases are additionally subject to rapid testing upon arrival at their expense. In case of a positive result, they will need to undergo a 14-day quarantine until another testing will show the negative result. The list of countries subject to testing upon arrival can be found here.