About Ethiopia eVisa
In 2017 the Ethiopia eVisa was introduced to facilitate and speed up the visa application procedure. Ethiopia visa online lets eligible travelers enter the country for tourism-related purposes.
The online tourist visa is available in two types, depending on the validity period. Applicants may choose between a 30-day or a 90-day travel permit. For both visas, their validity counts from the moment of entering the country.
Travelers who want to obtain the Ethiopia tourist visa need to fill in an online visa application form and submit the necessary documents. The entire process is not complicated. Basic personal information and travel details are requested. When you cover a fee and get payment confirmation, check your email, as the approved tourist visa will be delivered within three business days.
Travelers arriving in Ethiopia will be asked to show a printed copy of the approved electronic tourist visa at the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
The cost of proceeding and approving the Ethiopia eVisa application form will be different for various types of eVisas. The applicants will pay a fee of 99 Euro or 129 Euro.
Read on to find more information about Ethiopia eVisa.
Ethiopia eVisa types
Every applicant must apply for one of the following visa types before entering Ethiopia.
- a single-entry eVisa allowing to enter Ethiopia once, for a maximum 30-day stay; the visa fee is 99 Euro
- a single-entry Ethiopia eVisa for a stay of a maximum of 90 days, with only one possible entry to the country; the fee is 129 Euro
No multiple entries are possible for tourism purposes. That means you can go on vacation or visit your family only once within your visa validity period, and this time counts from the date of entry declared in the application form.
How to apply for an electronic visa to Ethiopia
If you plan to enter Ethiopia, you must apply for an online visa first. The process is safe and easy to go through. Use the following instructions and get your travel permit approved.
Please note that a completed visa application form should be submitted at least three working days before a trip, as this is the maximum time to process the application.
- Fill out the application form by answering simple questions regarding your personal information and travel details. Pay attention not to put incorrect information in the form. Otherwise, three days of standard processing time may extend.
- Submit needed documents with the application; these will be a picture of a valid passport’s bio-data page and a photograph of the applicant’s face.
- Pay an eVisa service fee using comfortable online payment options; the payment confirmation will be delivered to your email address.
- With a completed visa application form, wait for the electronic approval to be delivered to your mailbox.
The Ethiopia eVisa approval is provided to the applicant’s mailbox within three working days. Every mistaken or incomplete information may cause a delay in receiving the visa.
Online visas to Ethiopia have two possible validity periods. Depending on the applicant’s choice, these could be 30 or 90 days. In both cases, the validity time starts counting from the date of entry given in an application form.
There are only single-entry tourist electronic visas available. With a document, you may travel to Ethiopia only once to visit your family or for holidays.
Requesting an extension is possible, but it must be done before a current electronic visa expires. For this purpose, a visa holder goes to The Head Office of The Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs in Addis Ababa.
Requirements for eVisa to Ethiopia
An online visa to Ethiopia may be obtained fast and with minimum formalities. Just remember a few things, and you will enjoy the process of application:
- Complete and submit the application form at least three business days before arriving in Ethiopia.
- Ensure your passport is valid and will not expire within six months from arrival.
- Check a payment confirmation.
- Print an approved eVisa and keep it for the journey; even if it is linked to your passport, an electronic version on a mobile or a computer may not be enough for Ethiopian authorities
The Ethiopian tourist visa doesn’t require many documents for the application. You will have to upload a picture of the bio-data page of a passport and your face photo. The photograph taken by yourself with a mobile or a camera is accepted.
Requirements on arrival
The Ethiopian Customs officials will ask you to show a passport upon arrival. It cannot expire in less than six months from entering the country. You also will be asked about a printed version of an approved eVisa. Even if it is electronically connected to your passport, a printed copy of it is necessary.