NZeTA General Information
NZeTA is a New Zealand electronic travel authority introduced in 2019 to make travel more accessible.
With this entry document, citizens of New Zealand visa waiver countries can travel to New Zealand for tourism, business, and transit purposes.
New Zealand eTA allows entering the country numerous times within a 2-year period. Its holders are able to stay in New Zealand for 90 days each time. British citizens have even a longer stay – 180 days.
Applying for an NZeTA couldn’t be easier: an applicant should fill out the online form, attach photographs of their face and passport bio-data, and cover the fee.
The processing is usually about 23 hours, up to 3 working days maximum. After this time, the approved travel authorization is sent to the applicant’s email address as a PDF document.
Types of New Zealand eTA
New Zealand electronic travel authority is issued in one type. It is a multiple-entry permit that stays effective for 2 years.
NZeTA allows its holders to travel to New Zealand for:
- visiting recreation and entertainment facilities;
- visiting natural or man-made sites;
- visiting family and friends;
- short-term caring for the sick or old;
- attending weddings, funerals, or any other family event;
- having a vacation, resting, honeymooning, fine dining;
- practicing a sport – skiing, golfing, diving, surfing, hiking, etc.;
- attending summer camps for youngsters;
- attending sporting or cultural events, such as matches, concerts, shows, plays, etc.
2.business and professional purposes:
- taking part in conferences, meetings, and congresses;
- attending trade fairs and exhibitions;
- scientific or academic research;
- going to transit through New Zealand to another destination.
eTA New Zealand Application Form
Applying for New Zealand eTA won’t require from you any effort, and you don’t need any special equipment or skills. Anyone with a working device (phone, laptop, PC, or tablet) can easily submit an application without the need to attend an embassy or consulate, deal with paperwork or have an interview with officials.
Follow this guide to apply for eTA New Zealand in a few steps:
- Provide some personal, passport, and travel information. You need to fill out the form by entering your name and surname, date of birth, citizenship, email address, dates of arrival and departure, etc.
- Make the payment. You must cover the visa fee of 69 Euro via any available payment methods: your credit or debit card, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Discover, SOFORT, or PayPal. The price may vary depending on the currency.
- Wait for the approval to be delivered to your email address. An approved New Zealand visa comes in PDF form. It’s best to print it out.
Take an extra minute to check the data. If you omit some lines or leave mistakes in the form, you may experience delays.
For that reason, it is recommended to apply for the New Zealand electronic travel authority at least 72 hours in advance of your trip in order to have the document ready on time. However, the average time for New Zealand visa approval is just 23 hours!
Underage travelers also need to have an NZeTA. The application form is submitted by their parents/guardians.
The NZeTA stays valid for 2 years from the issuance date and allows numerous visits within that period with a permitted stay period of up to 90 or 180 (for British citizens) days.
New Zealand travel authorization cannot be extended. If your eTa expires and you want to stay in the country for a longer period, you should go to your home country and get a newly-issued New Zealand visa.
Requirements for the New Zealand eTA
To be eligible for an NZeTA, an applicant must be a citizen of one of the New Zealand visa waiver countries:
- Czech Republic
- Estonia (citizens only)
- Hong Kong SAR
- Korea (South)
- Latvia (citizens only)
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- USA – including US Nationals
It is also necessary to have a working device (a phone, laptop, tablet, or PC), stable internet access, an active email address, and the ability to pay online.
When applying for a New Zealand visa online, you are required to attach two documents:
- a photograph of your valid passport bio-data (must stay effective for at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival);
- a digital photograph of your face (can be taken by a phone or PC camera).
Requirements on arrival
Before arrival, you should prepare these documents, as customs officials will check them when deciding if you can enter the country:
- a passport staying valid for a minimum half of a year from the date of arrival;
- a paper copy of the New Zealand eTA.
What is NzeTA?
An NZeTA is a New Zealand electronic travel authority introduced in 2019 that permits eligible visitors and transit passengers to travel to the country. You can apply for a New Zealand visa online and use it for tourism, business, and transit purposes for stays for up to 90 days at a time.
How much is an eTA for New Zealand?
A New Zealand eTA costs 69 Euro. You can make the payment using any secured online payment method available on our website. For example, PayPal, your debit or credit card.
How to apply for an eTA visa to New Zealand?
You can apply for a New Zealand ETA in an effortless way following a few simple steps. Provide the required information (name, surname, nationality, email address, travel dates, etc.), upload the supporting documents and proceed with online payment for the eTA fee. Once your application gets processed, you’ll receive a PDF file of NZeTA. Download and print it out.
How long is a New Zealand eTA valid for?
An eTA to New Zealand stays valid for 2 years from the date of issuance and enables its holders to visit the country numerous times. Note that in order to enter New Zealand, you also need to have a valid passport.