About Egypt eVisa
Egypt eVisa is a mandatory official electronic visa permitting travelers to enter Egypt for tourism or business purposes.
The Egyptian government launched it in 2017 in order to simplify the application process for foreign citizens.
Compared to a regular visa, it doesn’t require much time and effort; you can apply for an Egypt visa online from your home without going to an embassy or consulate.
Fill out the form providing some information, cover the visa fee and receive the approved online travel document.
An Egyptian eVisa allows staying in the country for 30 days and can be valid for three or six months, depending on its type.
Egypt eVisa types
There are two online visa types for Egypt, so you should choose the one that fits you better:
- a single-entry visa for a 30-day stay – this type is valid for 90 days (three months), and you are able to visit the country once within the validity period for tourism or business purposes;
- a multiple-entry visa for a 30-day stay – it stays valid for 180 days (six months) from the date of issuing. You are able to enter and exit Egypt as many times as you want within the validity period, but the number of days spent in the country mustn’t exceed 30 days.
You cannot extend your electronic visa to Egypt. If you want to stay in Egypt for a longer period of time, you must apply for a new online permit
How to apply for an electronic visa to Egypt
It is very easy to complete the Egypt visa application form online. All you need is just to make a few clicks.
You should submit it a minimum of 7 days prior to your arrival date to get the electronic visa
In order to apply for the Egypt online visa, you should follow some simple steps:
- Fill out a visa application form providing some passport, personal, and travel information, for example, your name and surname, birth date, and email address. Make sure that all the data you’ve typed is correct.
- Cover the fee using any available online payment methods, such as your debit or credit card. The price depends on the chosen visa types.
- Wait for the approved Egypt online visa to be delivered to your email address in PDF format.
The average processing time is about 71 hours from submitting, but errors in the form can make you wait longer.
Note that children must have their own tourist visas to Egypt. Applications for underage travelers are made by their parents or guardians.
A business and tourist visa to Egypt issued online can be of two types – single-entry and multiple-entry one. Both of them allow staying in the country for 30 days. The validity period is different, though.
The single-entry Egypt online visa is valid for three months from the issuing date, whereas the multiple-entry expires after six.
Egypt eVisa is connected to the passport. This means that your electronic visa will become invalid once your passport expires, is lost, or updated. If you need to return to Egypt, you should make a new visa.
Requirements for eVisa to Egypt
You can get an electronic online business or tourist visa to Egypt. Mind that “business purposes” means cooperation with an Egyptian company – not direct employment.
First of all, make sure that your country of citizenship is eligible for an Egypt eVisa. Check it in the list of eligible countries.
In order to apply for Egypt online visa, citizens from eligible countries must comply with some minimal requirements. They should have:
- a passport valid for at least six months (except for the citizens of Germany, Belgium, France, Portugal, and Italy, they are not obliged to provide a passport, a valid ID card is enough);
- a working device (for example, a phone or laptop);
- a stable internet connection;
- an ability to pay online;
- an active email address.
While filling out the form, you will be asked to attach the following necessary documents:
- a digital photo of the bio-data page of the traveler’s passport;
- traveler’s face photo (you can take it with your phone or PC camera);
- an invitation letter from the family member a traveler is going to visit (for business purposes only);
- an invitation letter from the Egyptian company a traveler is going to work with (for business purposes only).
Requirements on arrival
In order to enter Egypt, you must have with you on arrival:
- a valid passport (make sure it doesn’t expire);
- a paper copy of your Egypt eVisa (you can print out a black-and-white copy);
- a physical copy of an invitation letter (from a family member or a company).