About East Africa Tourist eVisa
East Africa Tourist eVisa is a document obtained in an e-Visa system allowing foreigners to enter the Republic of Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. Instead of getting separate visas for each country, eligible citizens can apply for a single East Africa tourist visa.
East Africa eVisa is valid for 90 days since the day of issuance and allows numerous visits within this period.
The application process is effortless as you do everything online: all needed is to fill out the form on the website, attach supporting documents, cover the fee of 149 Euro, and check the inbox for the approved East Africa eVisa.
The processing takes up to 6 days, and an East African online visa is delivered as a PDF file which needs to be printed out.
This visa cannot be extended, so if a traveler is willing to prolong the trip in Uganda, Rwanda, or the Republic of Kenya, they must get a new visa.
Types of East Africa Tourist Visas
East Africa visa is issued in one type for traveling to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda and is a multiple-entry visa that stays effective for three months (90 days).
It is an East Africa Tourist visa, which means that its holders can enter the above-mentioned countries for such purposes:
- exploring the countries, going on travel tours, having tourist experience;
- visiting relatives and friends;
- participating in business activities such as attending business meetings, signing a contract, etc.
How to apply for eVisa for East Africa
You don’t have to worry about the East African visa application process, as with our services, it couldn’t be easier.
You don’t need to attend an embassy or consulate, wait in queues, bother yourself with paperwork, and answer officials’ questions – the process goes entirely online! You can apply from your home within a few minutes by following these simple steps:
- Fill out the tourist visa application form using some personal and travel details, such as your name, surname, citizenship, the purpose of traveling, arrival and departure dates, etc. Make sure to thoroughly check the information to avoid any errors.
- Attach the necessary documents.
- Cover the fee via the preferred online payment method – for example, PayPal, debit, or credit card. East Africa tourist visa costs 149 Euro.
- Immediately after payment, you’ll receive a confirmation number which you should mention if contacting the support team for any questions.
Then an approved tourist visa will be delivered to your email. It is a PDF document, and you must print it out.
The processing time takes up to 6 business days, but usually, visas get ready even sooner! Still, we advise you to apply at least 6 days in advance before your planned date of arrival.
East Africa tourist visa stays effective for 90 days. The validity period starts on the intended date of entry – that’s the date you mention in your application form, not an issuance date.
With a valid visa, its holders can travel between the Republic of Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda numerous times.
Note that your passport must stay valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date. If there are any changes to the passport or it gets stolen, the electronic tourist visa becomes invalid too.
East Africa tourist visa is not to be extended. If you want to stay longer, you must apply for a new visa outside the region.
Requirements for the East Africa Tourist eVisa
To apply for an East Africa visa online, you must be from an eligible country. The basic online visa requirements for East Africa include having a working device with a stable internet connection, the ability to pay online, and an active email address.
Required documents vary, it depends on the country you intend to enter through.
The necessary documents for Rwanda include:
- a photograph of the bio-page of the applicant’s passport;
- a photograph of the applicant’s face – can be taken by a phone or PC camera.
If you want to enter through Uganda, besides the above-mentioned documents, you also must have:
- a copy of the return ticket;
- proof of having a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate;
- a document describing the itinerary.
Requirements on arrival
On arrival, all travelers will be required to present:
- a valid passport – must stay effective for at least 6 months from the arrival date;
- an approved online visa.
You can enter only through the country that issued the electronic visa.