About Cambodia eVisa
Cambodian eVisa is a compulsory entry document for foreigners who intend to visit Cambodia for tourism or transit purposes. Cambodian government introduced an electronic visa system to make the visa application process easier and more accessible for travelers.
Now people from eligible countries can omit attending an embassy and related paperwork, as they can apply online.
The application process is simple: fill out the form on the website, attach the photos, pay the fee, and print out the approved visa delivered to the email box. The processing time can take up to three business days, but, usually, it’s much shorter – only 18 hours.
With an eVisa, a traveler can enter Cambodia one time and stay for up to 30 days. Cambodia’s electronic visa is valid for 90 days from the day of the issue. The online document can be extended after arrival.
Travelers with Cambodian online visas must enter the country using one of the border points supporting electronic entry documents.
Cambodia eVisa types
There are two Cambodia eVisa types distinguished by the purpose of travel:
- Cambodia tourist visa online an applicant should use this visa type if they are going to travel to Cambodia for vacation, to explore the country, or visit family and friends;
- Cambodia transit visa online this visa type is for those who only need to enter Cambodia to get to their next destination.
Both visa types are single-entry visas allowing travelers to stay for 30 days.
Note that in order to conduct business activities, travelers should attend the Cambodian embassy to get a regular visa.
How to apply for an electronic visa to Cambodia
The Cambodia visa application is very easy to complete and doesn’t require an applicant much time, effort, or computer proficiency.
The process goes entirely online, so it is possible to apply from any place – home, work, restaurant, library, or vacation spot. This means you also don’t have to comply with working hours – you can submit the form whenever you want, even in the middle of the night.
If you want to apply for a Cambodia visa online, let the following steps guide you:
- Fill out the form. To do that, you need to fill in the blanks by providing some personal, passport, and travel information. It may include your name and surname, citizenship, email address, the planned dates of arrival and departure, and the preferred point of entry.
It is essential to double-check the data you type in, as any errors can cause delays and complications.
- Attach the necessary images. You should upload two photos: one of your passport bio-data page and the other one of your face. You can use your phone or PC camera to take them, but keep in mind that they should be relatively good quality so the visa experts could clearly read the data.
- Cover the Cambodian visa fee. There are several secured online payment methods, so you are able to choose the one you prefer. Among them, payment with a debit or credit card is available.
- Check your email address to get an approved online visa for Cambodia. It will be delivered as a document in PDF format. You should download and print it out.
The average processing time for Cambodian eVisa is 18 hours. However, sometimes the approval can take up to 72 hours or three business days, so it’s better to apply in advance.
A Cambodian electronic entry permit is mandatory for all travelers, including underage people. For children, the application form is submitted by their parents or guardians.
The validity of an online visa for Cambodia starts on the day of issuing. It lasts for 90 days.
During this period, a person is able to enter the country once and stay there for up to a month/30 days in a row, even if they enter on the last day of validity.
If the applicant’s passport expires or any data got updated, the electronic visa for Cambodia becomes invalid too, and a traveler must apply for a new eVisa.
Extension of the visa is possible only upon arrival after contacting the Cambodian government and immigration authorities.
Requirements for eVisa to Cambodiat
In order to be able to apply for a Cambodia visa online, you must have:
- a working device (a phone, laptop, PC, or tablet);
- stable internet connection;
- ability to pay online;
- an accessible email address.
There are also some required documents and requirements on arrival.
The necessary documents for the Cambodia visa application include:
- a bio-data page of the valid passport a passport must be valid for at least six months after the arrival date, if it expires, an eVisa becomes invalid;
- a photograph of an applicant’s face can be taken by a phone or PC camera.
Requirements on arrival
Upon arrival in Cambodia, the customs officials will check the following documents:
- a valid passport – mustn’t expire within six months after the arrival date;
- a paper copy – of an electronic visa for Cambodia.
Travelers with Cambodian eVisa must use only the specific ports of entry allowing online visas:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong Province) – Thailand
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) – from Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) – from Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treang) – from Laos
Currently, no Cambodian seaports support electronic visas.
Departure can be made from any point.
What is a Cambodia eVisa?
A Cambodia eVisa is a visa introduced by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia to facilitate the application process and make it completely online for citizens of eligible countries. Holders of this visa are able to travel to Cambodia once for up to 30 days during the validity period of 3 months.
What is the authentic eVisa site for Cambodia?
The authentic eVisa website for Cambodia is an official government website https://www.evisa.gov.kh/. However, on our website you can submit an application even in a more simple and effortless way.
Can I use an eVisa for Cambodia when coming on a cruise ship?
Currently, no Cambodian seaports accept online visas. Please choose another entry point or apply for a different type of visa.
Do I need to print out Cambodia eVisa?
It is necessary to make two paper copies of Cambodia electronic visas. One is required upon arrival to Cambodia, and the other will be requested by immigration officials at the time of departure. Note that it is possible to enter Cambodia only through particular entry points.
How long does it take to obtain an eVisa to Cambodia?
The online application process doesn’t take much time, it can be done within several minutes. The average processing time is only 18 hours. However, it may last for 72 business hours if the application is incomplete or contains errors.