About Cambodian e-Arrival Card
Since January 1, 2024, Cambodia has introduced a new trial system called the e-Arrival Card scheme (CeA) for foreign travelers who want to enter Cambodia. Thanks to the program, paper immigration forms, customs declarations, and health forms are not needed anymore, as everything will be available online. Now, you don’t need to visit the embassy or consulate; apply electronically for a visa or other documents and enjoy simplicity.
The scheme can be compared to the one available in Thailand and Vietnam, where different programs were implemented in 2023. The CeA is a part of the ‘Visit Siem Reap 2024’ campaign introduced at the Government Private Sector Forum (GPSF).
The idea of an e-Arrival Card is essential to the tourism sector, as more straightforward and faster procedures are advantageous for incoming visitors. It is estimated that more travelers will be interested in visiting Cambodia thanks to the new system.
Note that all travelers must submit the Cambodian e-Arrival Card within 7 days before the trip to the country. As a foreign passport holder, you can reserve a visa on arrival, enter the information in the digital immigration form, and update your health declaration.
There’s no necessity to fill in separate forms anymore; now, you can declare various items to the customs authority. Remember that you need to submit an arrival card even when you already have a visa.
Who needs the Cambodian e-Arrival Card?
The Cambodia e-Arrival form must be submitted by all visitors who want to go to Cambodia. Also, Cambodian citizens who return to the country must complete it. As for now, there is no information on exemptions to the requirements for filling out the e-Arrival Card.
How to apply for the e-Arrival Card?
To complete the e-Arrival Card to Cambodia, you need a valid passport. Then, you can start the process consisting of a few intuitive steps:
- Complete the form by providing the necessary details, such as name, surname, nationality, etc. After that, attach your face photo and a copy of your passport.
- Cover the fee by using one of the available payment methods.
- Wait for a confirmation that will be sent to your email address.
There’s no need to print out the confirmation. You can just download it on your mobile device.
When do I need to submit the Cambodian e-Arrival Card?
The Cambodia e-Arrival form needs to be completed within 7 days before planned entry to the country. It is possible to submit the e-Arrival Card to Cambodia earlier, but you need to know that it will be processed closer to the arrival date. However, remember to apply at least 7 days before the travel, as the processing requires time.
Requirements for a Cambodia Electronic Arrival Card
The following conditions must be met by visitors who want to visit Cambodia, as they need to prepare:
- a copy of a valid passport for at least 6 months (passport bio-data page)
- access to the valid method of payment online
- an email address that is valid
- an electronic device with an internet connection
What is more, you need to share the details about:
- travel mode
- duration of planned stay in Cambodia
- accommodation address
- travel and departure dates
- health details
- customs declaration
- An e-Arrival Card to Cambodia serves as the system allowing simplified submission of necessary documents.
- Thanks to the e-Arrival Card, you don’t need to worry about numerous forms, as everything is in one place.
- The requirements for an e-Arrival Card are not numerous; the most important is a passport valid for at least 6 months.
- The application process for a Card consists of three main steps, which are very simple.
- An Arrival Card is not a visa, so keep that in mind. What is more, you need to submit it even though you have already obtained a visa to Cambodia.