About Benin e-Visa
Benin e-Visa is an online visa implemented in 2018 to speed up and facilitate entry procedures for tourists traveling to Benin.
Eligible travelers from all over the world may complete the application procedure from home. They only need a valid passport and an electronic device with an internet connection to receive an approved Benin e-Visa on the given email address.
The processing time of the Benin visa application is short and takes up to 5 business days. The document is delivered in a PDF file that every applicant must save and print for travel purposes.
Benin has three types of electronic visas – a single entry and a multiple entry visa for 30 or 90 days. All available types allow for tourism and business-related trips.
To get the e-Visa for Benin, you must go through a three-step application process. First, you fill in an application form and submit the required documents. Next, you pay the visa fee and check for confirmation. The last stage of the tourist visa application is waiting for approval and printing out the travel authorization document.
At every stage of the application, travelers may ask questions and ask for help. The team of experts is at the applicants’ disposal.
Read the article for more information about e-Visa for Benin types, requirements, and validity.
Types of electronic visas for Benin
At the beginning of your electronic visa application, you must select the visa type most appropriate for your travel. Each of the three available documents allows entering Benin for tourism or business reasons. You may choose between:
- a 30-day stay single-entry electronic visa with 30 days of validity
- a 30-day stay multiple-entry electronic visa valid for 30 days
- a 90-day stay multiple-entry electronic visa that expires after 90 days from the date given in the application form
The above visas are valid only with a passport which must stay effective for 6 months from the date of arrival.
Benin e-Visa Application Form
You must apply for Benin tourist e-Visa at least five days before you enter Benin. To start the online application procedure, you need a valid passport and a device with an internet connection. Make sure your email address is active because the approved e-Visa will be sent to the email address given in the form.
The application process includes three easy steps. Applicants must complete all of them to send the application for approval. Here are the steps:
- Fill in a form by completing it with your personal and travel information.
- Cover an online fee with any of the available online payment methods. Check for payment confirmation.
- Wait for the approved travel permit to be delivered to your email. Save it and print the copy for travel purposes.
Filling in the application form takes a few minutes, and the processing time is up to 5 business days. Please remember to double-check the information completed in the form. It cannot include mistakes. Otherwise, your application may be delayed or even rejected.
Benin e-Visa validity time is as long as the allowed stay duration.
- a 30-day stay single-entry and multiple-entry online visa is valid for one month (30 days)
- a 90-day stay multiple-entry e-Visa stays valid for 90 days
The validity time starts counting from the intended arrival date given in the form. Besides the e-Visa, you also need a passport that will not expire within 6 months from arrival.
Requirements for the Benin e-Visa
To get the e-Visa to Benin without complications, you must fulfill a few requirements:
- to possess a passport that will be valid for 6 months from the intended date of arrival in Benin
- to submit an electronic visa application at least 5 business days before arriving in the country
- to carry a printed copy of the visa during a journey
- to complete the application form correctly
- to have a valid email address
Every eligible person that wants to apply for an online visa to the Republic of Benin must possess a valid passport. The document cannot expire within 6 months from the planned arrival date. A traveler must apply for a new document in case of loss or expiry.
Please remember to get an electronic travel permit on time. You must submit your application at least 5 business days before arrival in Benin.
Requirements on arrival
When your Benin e-Visa is approved and delivered to your email, print it and keep it for travel. The customs officials will control the visa and the passport after arrival. If you lose any documents during your stay in Benin, you must immediately inform competent authorities and apply for new documents.