About Bahrain eVisa
eVisa for Bahrain is an online visa implemented by the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain in 2014. Thanks to the electronic visa application process, citizens of eligible countries can enter Bahrain with a minimum of formalities.
There are two tourist eVisa for Bahrain – a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa. They stay valid for 14 to 90 days depending on the type and allow traveling to the country for tourism and business purposes.
The Bahrain visa fees range from 69 Euro to 249 Euro. The cost is different for a 14-day single stay online visa, a 30 – day multiple stay, and a 90-day multiple stay visas.
After completing the Bahrain eVisa application form, it gets verified, approved, and automatically linked to a passport so eligible travelers can enter Bahrain without going to the nearest Bahrain embassy for a paper visa.
Bahrain eVisa types
To visit Bahrain, travelers choose one of the different types of Bahrain eVisa. Each type lets the applicants travel to the Kingdom of Bahrain for tourism and business-related reasons.
The following visas are available for applicants:
- a single-entry visa for Bahrain, allowing to stay in Bahrain only once, for 14 days the maximum; the cost is 69 Euro
- a multiple-entry visa for Bahrain, which lets its holders stay in the country for 30 days and cross the border many times during a 90-day validity time; the visa fee is 109 euro
- a multiple-entry visa for Bahrain, valid for one year from the date of entry to the country, allowing for a 90-day stay and multiple entries; visa fee of 249 euro
All Bahrain eVisa holders must enter Bahrain within one month from the visa issue date.
How to apply for an electronic visa to Bahrain
To apply for a Bahrain tourist visa you will need a passport. Ensure it is valid. Only then you may go through the process of application.
Just follow a few steps and complete an intuitive Bahrain visa application form.
- Choose a visa type you need and fill in an application form by giving personal and travel information. Make sure it is correctly completed.
- Cover a service fee. You can select the most convenient online payment method for you. Remember to save a payment confirmation delivered to your mailbox.
- Check your email for an approved application form and print the PDF electronic visa. You should keep the document for your travel.
The processing time will take up to 72 hours with an average of 46 hours.
Each visa type has a different validity period. Before you apply online, get familiar with the below options.
- a single-entry eVisa allows for a stay of up to 14 days with only one entry to the country and expires after 30 days from the date of issue
- 1-month stay, multiple-entry eVisa, valid for 90 days from the first arrival; the visa holder can enter and exit the country numerous times, staying for a maximum of 1 month (30 days) each time.
- 3-month stay, multiple Entry eVisa for travelers who want to enter the country many times and stay up to 3 months at a time; the visa expires after one year starting from the first entry
The maximum time for crossing the border is 30 days from the date of eVisa approval, no matter what type.
Requirements for eVisa to Bahrain
Bahrain eVisa requirements are a few. A valid passport, a good connection to the internet, and an active mailbox.
Remember to gather the necessary information and documents before you start completing an application form. Fill in the data carefully not to make mistakes and get rejected.
When you receive an approved document, print it and carry it with you during an entire stay in Bahrain. Although the electronic visa links to the passport, having a paper copy of a travel document is recommended. An electronic version may be an additional means of security.
For most eligible applicants, a complete Bahrain eVisa application requires:
- a valid passport; its bio-data page must be submitted to the application form
- an electronic proof of return/onward ticket
There might be additional demands for certain nationalities, e.g., Indian applicants must provide a photo page and the last page from the passport. Citizens of other countries may also be required proof of hotel accommodation, a bank statement with a minimum balance, or a residence card.
Requirements on arrival
When you arrive in the country, you will be asked to show a valid passport and a copy of your online visa to Bahrain.
Even if a travel permit is directly linked to the passport, an electronic version of eVisa may not be enough for border control. It is safe to print a copy of it and carry the document by yourself for the entire trip.