About Bahamas Health Visa
The Bahamas Travel Health Visa is an obligatory electronic travel authorization that every traveler coming to the Bahamas during the Covid-19 pandemic must possess. The document was implemented in 2020 to limit the spread of Covid-19 positive cases. Through this electronic document, Bahamian authorities want to make sure that all visitors are healthy and not a risk in terms of expanding the covid-19 pandemic.
Those who want to visit the island must submit the travel health visa application no later than 72 hours before arrival in the Bahamas. They also must meet the current health requirements of Bahamian officials for every international travel.
The Health Electronic Visa is a single-entry online visa allowing foreign visitors to stay on the island for 5 or 30 days within a one-month validity period. The Bahamas Health Visa application includes 3 steps that every traveler must complete. With a valid passport and access to a connected internet device, you may deal with formalities within a few minutes and wait for the approved document to be delivered to your email.
Read the below information to learn more about the Bahamas Travel Health Visa.
Types of Bahamas Health Visa
The Bahamas Travel Health Visa was implemented in two types, available to every citizen on the island. The difference between them results from the possible length of stay. The visa type must be selected during the Travel Health Visa Application.
- a single-entry electronic visa for a stay of a maximum 5 days
- a single-entry electronic visa for a longer, maximum 30-day stay
If you stay in the Bahamas for more than 5 days, you must verify if you are free of Covid-19 by taking a rapid antigen Covid-19 test every 5 days during the entire stay in the Bahamas.
How to apply for the Bahamas Health Visa
The Bahamas electronic visa application procedure may be completed from home. Filling in a form takes just a few minutes. You only need an electronic device like a mobile, laptop, or PC and an internet connection to start the application process.
Visitors over 10 years old must provide the Covid-19 PCR negative test result. The test must be taken no earlier than 5 days before arriving in the Bahamas. Applicants must attach the result to the application form.
Before you receive the Bahamas Travel Health visa, you must complete the 3-stage procedure. It includes the following steps:
- Filling out the application form with personal and travel information, contact details, applicant’s health-related data, and passport details
- Paying a Bahamas Travel Health Visa fee with an available online payment method
- Checking for the visa approval, which will be delivered to the email address
Processing the online visa takes up to 72 hours, so you must submit your application at least 3 business days before arrival in the Bahamas.
Please remember the information completed in the form must be correct to go through the application smoothly and obtain the visa without delays.
Travelers may choose visa validity time according to their needs. There are two options to choose between:
- a 5-day stay duration with a single entry is possible
- a maximum of 30-day stay duration (stay between 5 and 30 days) with a single entry possible
The Bahamas Travel Health Visa allows only one entry. You must apply for a new electronic visa whenever you want to return to the island.
Please remember that if you stay in the Bahamas for more than 5 days, you must repeat the Covid-19 antigen test every 5 days until departure.
Requirements for the Bahamas Health Visa
Bahamas Travel Health Visa may be obtained in an easy and fast way. You do not have to fulfill many requirements to go through the application process successfully. You only need a passport, proof of negative Covid-19 test result, and access to the internet-connected electronic device.
Before you start filling in an application form, make sure you have the necessary documents, and information prepared. In the ‘Required documents’ section, you will find precise information concerning documents you must attach to the application.
There are two required documents that every traveler must prepare for a successful visa application.
- proof of a negative test result for Covid-19 (RT PCR)
- a passport that stays effective for 6 months from the intended date of arrival in the Bahamas
Requirements on arrival
The Bahamas Travel Health Visa is a mandatory document that every visitor to the island must possess. It cannot be used as a travel permit but only to confirm the passengers’ health status regarding the Covid-19 pandemic. To obtain a regular visa that allows entering the country, you must go to an embassy and ask for instructions.
Upon arrival in the Bahamas, you will be asked to show the following documents:
- your passport whose expiry date is not earlier than 6 months from the date of entering the country
- proof of negative test for Covid-19 (RT PCR test) taken within 5 days before arriving in the Bahamas
- an obligatory health insurance
- a printed copy of the Electronic Health Visa
- a regular visa (if applicable)