Entering the Bahamas requires following the recent health and safety precautions. One of such covid-related measures is obtaining a health visa. The Bahamas government decided to implement the Bahamas Health Visa to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 cases within the island.
Bahamas Health Visa General Information
The Bahamas Health Visa is an obligatory travel document introduced due to the coronavirus pandemic outbreak in 2020. Every person wishing to enter the Bahamas must hold the health visa obtained at least 3 business days prior to the trip.
Citizens of every country in the world can choose from two options of the Bahamas Health Visa. Types of visas differ according to the allowed period of stay and are as follows:
- a single-entry health visa for a stay of a maximum of 5 days
- a single-entry health visa for a stay exceeding 5 days (its holder can stay in the Bahamas maximally 30 days)
Visitors should choose the one that better fits their travel needs.
Important note: Every stay exceeding 5 days requires taking a coronavirus antigen test. The test is to be made every 5 days of the entire stay on the island.
Since the Bahamas Health Visa is issued as a single-entry visa, applicants should remember that every entry to the Bahamas requires a new application for a health visa.
All visitors to the Bahamas are required to have the COVID-19 health insurance covering the entire stay on the island (up to 1 month).
How to get the Bahamas Health Visa?
To receive your health visa to your email inbox, you need to go through the following steps:
- Fill out the online form: provide all the necessary information. Before sending your form further, make sure that all the data is error-free, and only then go to the second step.
- Cover the service fee: choose one of the available options of online payment and pay the fee that is charged for processing your application.
- Check your email: refresh your inbox and download your approved health visa. The handling time can take up to 72 business hours, so do not forget to apply early enough (3 business days before the intended date of your trip).
INFORMATION TO PROVIDE IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- standard personal data
- contact number
- emergency contact information
- travel-related details
- heath-related information of a traveler (including information of the potential contact with the coronavirus-infected person)
- the flight number of the visa applicant’s
Moreover, every applicant must submit the negative PCR test result when filling out the online form.
Health Requirements to enter the Bahamas
Currently, all fully vaccinated travelers visiting the Bahamas need to provide a negative COVID-19 test. The country accepts either a rapid antigen or RT-PCR test taken no earlier than 72 hours before the arrival time.
From January 7th, 2022, the Bahamas will accept only RT-PCR tests (including NAA, PCR, TMA, NAAT, or RNA). Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted anymore.
As for now, all unvaccinated travelers aged 12 and older must provide a negative RT-PCR test result taken up to 3 days before entry to the Bahamas.
Children between 2 and 11 years of age need to have a negative result of either antigen test or RT-PCR. Effective Jan. 7th, 2022, they will, similarly like all vaccinated travelers, need to submit an RT-PCR negative result. Rapid antigen tests will no longer be accepted.