About Armenia eVisa
The Armenian eVisa is an online visa allowing eligible travelers to enter the country. It has been introduced by the Armenian Government to simplify the application process and make travel more accessible.
Whether you need an Armenia tourist visa to see your friends and relatives, for a vacation, or maybe for entirely other purposes like medical treatment or business affairs, you will be able to enjoy online processing. It saves your time and money because you don’t have to go to an embassy or a consulate.
An online travel visa for Armenia is a singe-entry and allows staying in the country for 21 or 120 days. It remains valid for three months and six months, respectively.
The online visa application process can be done with a few clicks. In order to apply for an eVisa, you should fill out the form, pay the fee and wait for the online travel document to be delivered to your email.
The processing time can take up to three business days, so it’s advisable to complete the form beforehand to be sure you’ll have all the necessary documents at the borders.
Travelers with an Armenian eVisa can enter the country only via particular border crossing points and should plan their trip accordingly.
Armenia eVisa types points
Before applying for the Armenian electronic visa, you should decide for how long you want to be in the country, as it influences the type of a visa you should choose.
The eVisa to the Republic of Armenia is available in two types according to the permitted stay period:
- a single-entry visitor visa allowing its holders to stay in Armenia for 21 days (valid for 90 days/three months);
- a single-entry visitor visa for a permitted period of 120 day-stay (valid for 120 days/six months).
Note that if you only travel to Armenia for transit purposes and are not going to stay there longer than 48 hours, you don’t need a visa. But if you will spend more time in Armenia before going to your next destination, you should make an Armenian eVisa.
How to apply for an electronic visa to Armenia
Now, if the Armenia visa policy considers you eligible for an eVisa, you don’t have to go to an embassy or consulate. Instead, you can use the electronic visa system implemented by the Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and apply online from any place at any time.
You only need to have a working device (phone, laptop, PC, or a tablet) with a stable internet connection, and an active email address.
The application process doesn’t require any effort, so to apply for the Armenian visa online, you should just follow the simple steps:
- Prepare the necessary documents and fill out the online application form. Type your personal, passport, and travel information.
- Attach a recent face photograph. You can take it with your phone or a PC camera.
- Precisely check all the information you’ve provided. Errors can cause issues and delays.
- Cover the electronic visa fee using one of the available online payment methods. For example, you can use a debit or credit card.
- Check your inbox. The processing time is up to 72 hours/three business days. The approved Armenian eVisa will arrive at your email address in PDF format. Make sure your email address is active and that you have access to it.
If an applicant is a child, the application for them must be completed by their parents or guardians.
The validity period of an Armenian visa is connected to its types and is counted from the issue date:
- with a 21-day permitted period, the eVisa validity is 90 days/three months;
- with a 120-day stay, you have a valid visa for 180 days/six months.
It is possible to extend your online visa to Armenia for up to 60 days maximum. In order to do this, you should go to the Department of Passport and Visa at the Armenian Police Office.
Requirements for eVisa to Armenia
To make the application process and crossing the borders as smooth as possible, it is crucial to know some information about the required documents and requirements on arrival.
If you intend to make an online visa application to visit Armenia, you must have the following necessary documents:
- a valid passport – it mustn’t expire within six months from the planned arrival date;
- your recent photo – it can be taken by PC camera or phone.
These attached documents will help to omit delays during the application processing.
Requirements on arrival
Prepare the documents required upon arrival:
- a passport valid for six months from the planned date of arrival (make sure it has at least one blank page before you enter Armenia)
- a paper copy of your electronic travel document to the Republic of Armenia – it must be valid as well.
Note that you should consider the place where you arrive in Armenia, as you must cross the border at one of the listed border crossing points:
Land Border Crossing Points:
- the Zvartnots International Airport
Land Border Crossing Points: